WhatsApp, the world’s top social chat app, has recently added a new feature app called ‘WhatsApp fingerprint lock‘. The feature wall initially launched for iOS, and now it has been launched for the Android version too. With this WhatsApp new feature, now you can lock or unlock your WhatsApp chats using your fingerprint sensor or the Face ID on the phone.
- WhatsApp can be locked or unlocked using the fingerprint sensor.
- Easy to enable the feature
- Available for both, Android and iOS
WhatsApp Lock using phone’s Sensor
Earlier in February, the Facebook-owned WhatsApp has launched this feature for iOS, in which users can safeguard their WhatsApp data using the biometrics, such as Touch ID or Face ID. And after that, WhatsApp has bought this feature for Android users. The feature is working on WhatsApp beta version 2.19.3.
Here we will see, how do you put a fingerprint lock on WhatsApp for Android and iOS-
How to enable WhatsApp fingerprint lock for iOS
Before enabling the feature for iOS, make sure that the app on your phone is running on WhatsApp 2.19.20
- In the app, go to the “Settings” tab.
- In the Settings tab go to “Privacy”.
- Scroll down the screen lock and on the toggle.
- Once you on the toggle, your touch ID or Face ID will be activated for the App.
How to enable WhatsApp fingerprint lock for Android
Here, before enabling the feature for Android, make sure that the app on your phone is running on WhatsApp 2.19.221
- Go to the “Settings” of your WhatsApp on Android phone
- Tap “Account” and go to the “Privacy”.
- Scroll down for the option “Fingerprint Lock”.
- Once you will tap the option, it will ask you to confirm the lock-unlock for WhatsApp.
So, now the lock from your tips has been enabled for WhatsApp. Now you can safeguard your chats and data using the useful feature.