Drop a pin on Google Maps, using your smartphone or desktop is much easier. Dropping a pin on Google Maps lets you save your location into your profile. you can also share your pinned location with your friend.
Google Maps has been upgraded to the extent that it’s easy to find many things or places now. Google Maps makes your daily tasks easy, and today, the map is not only a way to find the distance between two points, but also provides information about restaurants, hotels, shops, schools, and many other places. It also provides you with a public transport route over time. You can also customize your routes based on your comfort and travel patterns.
Despite Google Maps already has every place you need to find, but some times, places are still difficult to find. It’s not Google’s fault. So, to find a specific location within a larger place, you may need to drop a pin on Google Maps.
Drop a pin on Google Maps
Dropping a pin at the place you are looking for is useful when the location doesn’t already have a feed of its detail, or when a place is out of the road network. This is also helpful in situations when Google gets the wrong place due to lack of pre-available information. Here’s how to drop a pin on Google Maps using Android or iOS phone and desktop.
A step by step guide: how to drop a pin on Google Maps in Smartphone
You can drop a pin on Google Maps that lets you save it to your profile for continuous use, and you can also share it with your friend. Check the steps below:
- Tap to open Google Maps app in your Smartphone.
- Search for the desired location by inserting the text into the search bar. Or scroll around the map to find the place more precisely.
- Long press on the location found on the Smartphone’s touchscreen.
- A red pin pops up and shows the location or address at the bottom of the screen.
- In the bottom bar, where you get the address of the location. It automatically shows the options to get the Directions, Share it and Save it.
A step by step guide: How to drop a pin on Google Maps in desktop
Dropping a pin on Google Maps using the desktop is as easy as doing it on the app. But on the other hand, using Google Maps on the desktop, you have more options for using the pin. Check the steps below:
- Open Google Maps in your browser.
- To find the desired location, enter the text in the search bar, which is the top-left on the desktop screen on the map. Or, scroll around the map to find the place you want to pin.
- Put the cursor in the position that found on the desktop screen and long-press the button on the left side of your mouse.
- A gray pin will appear over there, similarly, will show a short bar at the bottom that will provide the address of the same.
- When you click on the short bar below, the gray pop-up will change to red. And the left sidebar screen will show information about the pinned place.
- On that left sidebar screen, you will get the option, such as Directions, Save, Nearby, Send to your phone and Share.
In the same way, you can drop multiple pins on Google Maps using a Smartphone and desktop.